Tax and Strategic Planning in a Louisville Divorce
Financially substantive individuals who are considering a divorce should seek the advice of and select well established, expert and proven family law attorneys who can provide sound counsel and guidance. The experienced divorce lawyers at Dodd & Dodd Attorneys, PLLC help to protect our client’s interests and guide them through the complex process of asset division, business valuation and division, maintenance, parenting time and child support, division of pension or retirement accounts and other complex issues associated with high asset divorces.
There are many important issues to consider in these cases including:
- An effective parenting plan and child support strategy
- The disposition of the family residence and associated substantial equity
- Structuring rental income and how it is connected to appropriate expenses to ensure proper accounting for child support and maintenance calculations
- Identification and tracing of the contents of all bank accounts, investment accounts, safe deposit boxes and offshore financial interests
- Valuation of business ownership interests, and impact of “good-will”
- Disposition of Retirement vehicles such as a pension, 401k or Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA)
- Life insurance policy benefits and/or cash value
- Division of multiple residences, vacation property, vehicles, collections and other high value assets
Advance divorce planning allows time to prepare for settlement negotiations, evaluation of tax implications, and to reflect upon strategic goals for the process. It also helps to protect against abuses such as pre-divorce spending by the other party, or allegations of abuse or neglect in an attempt to affect parenting time or support liabilities.
Our attorneys also help to develop a financial strategy for the process of your divorce. Effective planning will reduce the likelihood of expensive litigation and run-away spending by the other party and needless legal posturing by their representation. A collaborative divorce may be a good alternative to a contested divorce.
Our reputation in the Louisville family law community is well established. Opposing counsel know that we have the skill and expertise to protect our client’s goals as well as our proven track record in previous cases. They know we are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary. This increases the likelihood of productive, leveraged negotiation that will achieve the best possible outcome in your case.
Contact Experienced Louisville High Asset Divorce Lawyers
Dodd & Dodd Attorneys, PLLC was founded in 1869 and has an established tradition of excellence, legal skill and experience. Allen McKee Dodd has earned an LL. M., Master of Laws in taxation and advises clients on the legal process as well as the tax implications of the division of the marital interest in a during a Louisville Kentucky high asset divorce.
If you are concerned about the impact of a divorce on your income or assets we invite you to review the recommendations of our clients and contact us or call (502) 584-1108 to schedule an appointment with one of our attorneys.