Louisville Trust Litigation Lawyers
Kentucky Will and Trust Litigation
If you are a beneficiary or heir with concerns about the estate administration or trust administration process or the behavior of an executor, trustee, family member or party of influence you need expert will and trust litigation legal representation. The attorneys at Dodd & Dodd Attorneys, PLLC have decades of experience representing heirs, beneficiaries, trustees, executors and personal representatives in many issues regarding a will, trust, probate, estate administration or trust administration issue. We handle will contests, trust disputes, issues between a trustee and a beneficiary and concerns regarding the violation of fiduciary duties by an executor or trustee.
Our unique blend of estate planning and trust experience combined with our trial and litigation expertise provides insight into these challenges and reliable advice and counsel for our clients. We work to resolve these disputes in a manner that meets our client’s goals and objectives.
Are You the Beneficiary of a Will or Trust? Are you Concerned with How Things are Being Managed?
If you are the beneficiary of a will or trust, you have established rights under the laws of Kentucky. The will and trust litigation lawyers at Dodd & Dodd Attorneys, PLLC have been assisting clients throughout the Louisville area and across the State of Kentucky for generations, and we can help to make sure your interests are protected. Here are some warning signs which may concern you:
- Is there something about a loved one’s will or a trust which just doesn’t seem right or fair to you?
- Has someone exerted pressure or influence over a loved one and taken advantage of a parent or grandparent?
- Was a will or trust unexpectedly changed at the last minute?
- Is the executor of the estate or trustee managing the assets appropriately and do their fees seem appropriate to you?
- Do you think they have sold or disposed of property without receiving appropriate value or consideration for it?
- Do you think you are entitled to money or assets within a trust or estate and the trustee or executor won’t make them available to you?
Executors of estates, and trustees are held to high standards in Kentucky. Our experienced estate and trust attorneys can help you to examine every act of the trustee or executor and compel them to perform their duties as charged. In some cases, such as the misuse or allocation of assets or fraud we can help to get a trustee or executor replaced, and perhaps undo some of the damage which has been done. We can help to make sure you are getting complete and transparent answers to your questions in a timely manner.
Challenging a will in Kentucky can be quite challenging, but our attorneys have successfully represented clients in these cases here in Louisville. Kentucky law provides specific guidelines for when a will is eligible to be challenged, including but not limited to:
Undue Influence or Pressure – If the creator of the will was pressured to make a change or another person had such control or influence which prevented an act of “free will”
Competence – A person creating a will must have the mental or “testamentary capacity” to direct their affairs. Kentucky provides several guidelines regarding the state of mind of the “testator” (the person making a will) including:
- They must understand the nature and extent of their property
- They must know and be able to identify the person(s) who are natural heirs or beneficiaries
- The disposition the testator is making
- The ability to understand how these issues relate so that a comprehensive plan can be created to manage the disposition of the testator’s property
The Will was not Properly Executed – Kentucky provides strict regulations concerning the execution of a will
The Will was Forged or Revoked – The will in question was not authored by the purported testator or it was an earlier version or substituted due to trickery or fraud.
Contact Experienced Louisville Trust Litigation and Will Contest Lawyers
How can our experienced will and trust litigation attorneys help beneficiaries or heirs? If you are concerned about contesting a will, challenging the actions of an executor or trustee or trust litigation in Louisville or throughout Kentucky we invite you to review the comments and recommendations of our clients and contact us or call (502) 584-1108. Dodd & Dodd Attorneys, PLLC has served the greater Louisville area since 1869. We will protect your interests while working to resolve your case in a positive manner that fulfills your goals and objectives.